The Beach and East Toronto Historical Society

GALLERY


A collection of historical photos from the Beach and East Toronto. (Click on photos to enlarge)

Paddlers at Balmy Beach Club, btw, 1910 & 1912. Lake Ontario, foot of Beech Ave Courtesy: City of Toronto Archives

Coleman Ave. Public School, about 1910. Stood Coleman Ave, north side, btw. Barrington Ave. and Dawes Rd.
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library Digital Archive

East Toronto High School (now Malvern Collegiate Institute), 1906. First year at Malvern Ave., east side between Lyall and Swanwick aves.
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library Digital Archive

Open streetcar at Munro Park, about 1898. Lake Ontario at today’s Munro Park Ave.
Courtesy: City of Toronto Archives

York Station, Grand Trunk Railway, 1906. East of Main Street, south of Danforth Avenue.
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library Digital Archive

Grand Trunk Railway’s York Station, 1953. East of Main Street. south of Danforth Avenue.
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library Digital Archive

Woodbine Park, 1907 Queen St. E btw..Coxwell and Woodbine aves.
Courtesy: City of Toronto Archives

St. Saviour’s Anglican Church, 1893, northeast corner of Kimberley and Swanwick avenues.
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library Digital Archive

Empringham Hotel, 1907. Danforth Ave. southwest corner of Dawes Road, Stood 1890s until 1913, when a new hotel was built in front.
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library Digital Archive

East Toronto Fire Hall No 2, 1911 Main Street, east side, south of Swanwick Ave,.
Courtesy: City of Toronto Archives

Kew Beach Fire Hall, 1905 Queen Street East, northwest corner of Herbert Avenue
Courtesy: City of Toronto Archives

Woodruff House Hotel about 1900. Kingston Rd. south side, east of Woodbine Ave.
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library Digital Archive

Beaches Branch, Toronto Public Library, 1916 Queen Street E. near southwest corner Lee Ave.
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library Digital Archive

photo of gardeners house
Kew Williams House 1905
Ieft to right:
Kew Williams (1873-1956) his wife Bertha Curran (1877-1961)
and sister Mary Jane (Daisy) Williams (1867-1957)

The picture shows Orangeman Hugh Boyd, county master, laying a wreath on the Malvern cenotaph.
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library Digital Archive

Two Cadet trainee soldiers,demonstrate the proper way to handle a fire bomb. at A.R.P. training at Malvern.
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library Digital Archive

Kew Beach, July 17, 1915. Courtesy City of Toronto Archives.
Courtesy: Toronto Public Library Digital Archive

King George VI and Queen Elizabeth at the King's Plate, Woodbine Race Track, Queen Street East, 22 May 1939. Courtesy Toronto Public Library Digital Archive Toronto Public Library Digital Archive